Thursday, September 13, 2007
  Buffalo Bills Injury
This past Monday when I was watching Monday Night Football, I saw a replay of the Injury that Buffalo Bills back up tight end Kevin Everett. His injury sent chills dow my spine because I personally know what its like to deal with a spinal injury. In May 2005 I had to have my spine fused together due to scoliosis. Now, I wasn't born with scoliosis. It was the result of a head on collision that I was in during 8th grade football practice. Eventhough my injury wasn't life threatening like Everett's, I still know what he's goin through. Spine injuries take a really long time to rehab. I mean I had my surgery 2 years ago and it still hurts everyday. However, I would rather feel this slight pain everyday than be dead. I think that's a pretty good trade off!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
This blog is a companion piece to CCJN4394:Media Effects taught by Dr. J. Richard Stevens at Southern Methodist University.

Archives
August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / August 2008 /

Links
  • CCJN4394 Syllabus
  • Author login

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]