Sunday, November 4, 2007
  Music Videos
All the hype about Britney Spears and every move she makes have created an overload for me. But I just HAD to see her music video, for some unknown reason. When I played it I was instantly disappointed, of course. She hardly dances like she used to, and it's very uncreative.

The part that made my jaw drop was towards the end when she began to undress. She completely took her shirt off, and of course she wasn't wearing a bra. She then began to cover herself while dancing. At one part, she showed way more than I would have ever guessed of her chest. Why does she feel like this is what's needed to sell the video?!

It made me cringe and feel sorry for her instantly. That's not what she's going for. So why do musicians keep pushing the bar up, as far as nudity is concerned? It seems like if they keep pushing, their videos will have to begin to be banned by channels that aren't allowed to show them. Why does it have to come to that?

The kids that did look up to Britney Spears certainly don't need this type of video to help them like her! Yes, she's been selling sex for a while in her videos, but never to this extreme. Frankly, I'm appalled. The sad thing is, I'm only appalled because it's out of her character (her old self) to go this far. Other singers haven't had this effect on me, so I guess you can say I'm a little desensitized.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
This blog is a companion piece to CCJN4394:Media Effects taught by Dr. J. Richard Stevens at Southern Methodist University.

Archives
August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / August 2008 /

Links
  • CCJN4394 Syllabus
  • Author login

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]