Sunday, September 16, 2007
  I am an advertising executive's dream.
…In a very, very good way.


Let me preface this by saying that I don’t watch much television. Seriously. When people walk into my apartment, they are in awe of the apartment and its furnishings until they see the 13” Sharp television on my desk that I’ve had since 8th grade.


“You don’t watch much TV do you?”


“Nah, not really.”


However, I digress. When I do turn on the TV, I probably spend more time watching commercials than I do actual programs. This isn’t intentional; it’s just that, with my short attention span, commercials are the only thing that I can focus on.


This wouldn't be so bad either if the commercials didn't weasel their way into my everyday life - my actions, my thoughts, even sometimes where I shop ends up being controlled by my commercial habit. For the past week, the only song that I can think of happens to be "1, 2, 3, 4" by Feist. Don't know it?



Now I bet you do.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
This blog is a companion piece to CCJN4394:Media Effects taught by Dr. J. Richard Stevens at Southern Methodist University.

Archives
August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / August 2008 /

Links
  • CCJN4394 Syllabus
  • Author login

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]