Sunday, November 4, 2007
  Sex Can Sell Anything!
Yesterday I was watching the Ultimate Fighting Championship. During the commercials they’re always advertising a lot of sports drinks and supplements, and there was one that caught my attention the most. It started of with a girl wearing practically nothing except for a tiny t-shirt, shorts that were small enough to be underwear, and some thigh high boots. Basically, the whole commercial involved the woman dancing around a chair like it was a stripper pole, and at the very end she started to drink an energy drink called Xenergy. Not that I’m against sex on TV, but I was thinking to myself that people will use sex to sell anything. I mean, after watching this commercial, the last thing that I wanted was an energy drink!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
This blog is a companion piece to CCJN4394:Media Effects taught by Dr. J. Richard Stevens at Southern Methodist University.

Archives
August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / August 2008 /

Links
  • CCJN4394 Syllabus
  • Author login

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]