Friday, October 5, 2007
  Peek-a-boo roots are the new trend?! You've got to me kidding me.
Okay, so I was just watching E! News and the host was like "peek-a-boo roots are the newest trend: See who's doing it and how to get the look." Then they interview a stylist who says stars are sporting the look on purpose and points out celebs who are leading the trend.

Umm... are they serious? I mean what is the world coming to! A couple celebs are too lazy to get their roots touched up and we automatically assume it's the "it" thing to do?? They're probably just too lazy to get off the couch!

As much as I love celebrity gawking, this is just ridiculous... for the first time in my life I'm ashamed to be watching this show. The day I see Barbie walking around with black roots is the day I delete PerezHilton from my favorites and dump my stash of US Weeklys. Please people, don't make me do it!
 
Comments:
OMG! this is hysterical, Taylor. I so relate to your blog b/c as soon as my roots show an inch I'm incredibly shameful. But my hairstylist always tells me, "Don't worry if you go two inches. It's rather hip and sexy." Yet, sexy and hip is NOT what I'm feeling.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
This blog is a companion piece to CCJN4394:Media Effects taught by Dr. J. Richard Stevens at Southern Methodist University.

Archives
August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / August 2008 /

Links
  • CCJN4394 Syllabus
  • Author login

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]