Sunday, November 11, 2007
  Hi, my name is Tyler and I'm a addicted to facebook...
It is scary to think that when we have myspace or facebook accounts, all privacy is thrown out the window. I mean how many of us sit on facebook and stalk people and look at what they did this weekend...or see where they went last weekend. It is really kind of scary.

I changed my relationship status as a JOKE one time to "married" ...I swear I got about 15 messages and phone calls about it. I think its silly that people take things they see on these things so seriously. I want to get off facebook, because quite frankly, I spend wayyyy too much time on the damn thing. But I can't seem to bring myself to do it. Is that what they call an addiction?


It actually makes me nervous that I can't get rid of my account. Would I be totally out of the loop? What would everyone be doing? I wouldn't be able to see pictures from whats her names birthday party, or see what my old kindergarden buddy looked like now. If only I could put a time limit on how long I would be able to stay on facebook!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
This blog is a companion piece to CCJN4394:Media Effects taught by Dr. J. Richard Stevens at Southern Methodist University.

Archives
August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / August 2008 /

Links
  • CCJN4394 Syllabus
  • Author login

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]