Tuesday, September 18, 2007
  One second of nipple over 20 seconds of cleavage
Alright - I just couldn't past this brilliant blog moment. I was going about my morning ritual (Today Show - coffee - get ready) and there was a commercial for Playtex bras.

It was 30 seconds of women just wearing a bra with their cleavage shouting "Good Morning." It made me think about all the ruckus over Janet Jackson's (pardon me - not being vulgar) one second of nipple exposure. The issue was what it would do to our children. Well... these women were on a morning show that gains a good significanct amount of children watching and WHAT was amazing was these women were placing their hands over their own (again pardon me) boobs. I can see now how a little girl or boy would mimmick these women and I'm sure some mothers would just laugh it off and think... oh how cute (observational and learning models).... just a ranting thought!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
This blog is a companion piece to CCJN4394:Media Effects taught by Dr. J. Richard Stevens at Southern Methodist University.

Archives
August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / August 2008 /

Links
  • CCJN4394 Syllabus
  • Author login

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]