Sunday, September 23, 2007
  Privacy No Longer Exists
Well, I just read through some blog’s and it seems as though I have been out of the loop here in Dallas. What is this Dirty D?? I read some blog’s about it and checked out the site for myself…funny enough. I knew many a person on that site.

I look at my facebook pictures and always say: “I don’t really care who sees these” but if this person who comments on these photos said something like “Look at that hippo” or “Attention Dallas Plastic surgeons…” I would probably be mortified. I mean, NOTHING that we put on facebook or myspace is private by any means. It’s crazy that our generation is so open and willing to share our lives. I feel like its kind of a way to brag “Hey! Look what I did this weekend!” “Look who I was hanging out with!” You know? I mean I love love love putting up pictures of past events up on facebook, so I cannot be a hypocrite and say I don’t do that. It is just crazy how our lives are an open book for many.

Nothing is a secret. I catch myself facebook stalking all the time! And I don’t care what anyone says. I am positive everyone has done it at one time or another. I have seen people at clubs that I have only seen pictures of on facebook. People I have never even met! I know what people have done on the weekend, or where they have traveled. I don’t know how normal any of this is. I want to get off facebook, but I can’t bring myself to do it! It takes up probably 3 hours of my day. I love the ideas of all these websites, but we all need to understand that nothing in our lives today are going to be private…it’s just something we are going to have to live with.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
This blog is a companion piece to CCJN4394:Media Effects taught by Dr. J. Richard Stevens at Southern Methodist University.

Archives
August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / August 2008 /

Links
  • CCJN4394 Syllabus
  • Author login

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]