Sunday, September 23, 2007
  Repetition Doesn't Work for Me!
Now I understand that advertisers want to get their products out, but do they have to show them 20 times in an hour? I was sitting down watching a football game and I payed close attention to the commercials. Apparently, advertisers think that if they show a commercial of a truck come out of a plane and make the plane stop that I will want to bye one. I must have saw that commercial about 12 times in about 2 hrs. As if seeing that commercial that many times is going to prime my mind into thinking "Oooo, you mean to tell me that Toyota makes a truck that can make a plane to a complete stop! My longing desire for a truck has been tapped into, and now I HAVE to have one!" Now I know that trucks can't really do that, but I guess it's just my lack of appreciation for trucks combined with my hatred for those commercials!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
This blog is a companion piece to CCJN4394:Media Effects taught by Dr. J. Richard Stevens at Southern Methodist University.

Archives
August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / August 2008 /

Links
  • CCJN4394 Syllabus
  • Author login

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]