Sunday, October 7, 2007
  Agenda Setting? Conspiracy??
Agenda setting is making me a little nervous about what news I am missing out on. I mean, I remember when I was watching CNN at the time Paris Hilton lost her dog, and CNN announced it! Are you kidding me?? I was watching for the news and I get more info on Paris, as if there isn’t enough of that.

Even when Paris or Nicole or Britney or Lindsey go to jail or rehab, the major networks always cover it. I mean seriously, this is framing for us. What about things going on in Africa or something actually news worthy. I don’t need to hear about what is going on to some kids that get paid too much to look good and do drugs.

Or, even in the political world, certain stations frame their audience to be persuaded to vote for a certain party or person. Its crazy. I have never even thought about all this “conspiracy” going on. I am glad I am not ignorant and can think for myself. Or can I? Are all my ideas based on those of agenda setting news programs? I sure as hell hope not.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
This blog is a companion piece to CCJN4394:Media Effects taught by Dr. J. Richard Stevens at Southern Methodist University.

Archives
August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / August 2008 /

Links
  • CCJN4394 Syllabus
  • Author login

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]